Making concrete products yourself
In this article, we will discuss making concrete for yourself.
Is it difficult to make concrete yourself?
No, Concretematters makes it easy for you. You choose a colour and calculate how much Designer Concrete you need to make your concrete project, like a counter top, washbasin or table top.
The StarterPack contains all the ingredients to make 37 kg (81.5 lbs) or 18 litres of coloured concrete. That is enough for 1 m2 (10.75 ft2) at 18 mm (0.7 inch) thickness.
Because of a sophisticated mix, a very strong glass fibre-enhanced (GFRC/ECC) concrete is created and the product can be made with a minimal thickness of 18 mm (0.7 inch).
Reinforcement is practically unnecessary.
The concrete is colourfast, shrinks only minimally, and has good processability, making it easy to finish.
For a first pack, it is recommended to purchase a StarterPack.
The StarterPack contains a number of essentials that you will definitely need for achieving the optimal result.
Think of a silicone tooler set, a measuring cup, a repair set, a SealerKit and microfiber cloths.
The SealerKit can treat 5 m2 (53 ft2).
Is your project larger and, therefore, you need more concrete? Then the BasePack is what you need. It will also make 37 kg (81.5 lbs) or 18 litres of high-quality concrete. The SealerKit is also available separately in our web shop.
Per pack, you only need to add 25 kg (55 lbs.) of masonry sand (0-2 mm).
No. 6 Masonry sand is available separately in the web shop.
- NO.2 BaseColour (450 gr/1 lb), high-quality, ultrafine colouring for Designer Concrete.
- NO.3 Addpack (3,5 kg/7.7 lbs), additives for colour-fast concrete with minimal shrinkage. Contains glass fibre, among others.
- NO.4 SuperSealz (200 gr/7 oz), reduces air bubbles. Makes mixing easier. Reduces the amount of water needed. Makes a smooth finish possible.
- NO.5 Super White Cement (8 kg/17.6 lbs), high-quality super white cement.
- RepairKit (NO.7 RepairBase + NO. 8 RepairColour), repair paste for concrete.
- SealerKit for 5 m2 (53 ft2), seals the surface so that it cannot absorb fat or dirt.
- Micro fibre cloths (2 pieces), for processing the Sealer
- Silicon Tooler Set, this achieves a good finish of the mould.
- Measuring cup, plastic measuring cup for accurately measuring quantities.
A BasePack consists of NO.2 BaseColour, NO.3 Addpack, NO.4 SuperSealz and NO.5 Super White Cement.
- a concrete countertop
- a concrete washbasin
- a concrete lamp
- a concrete construction element
- a concrete hearth-plate
- a concrete art object
- a concrete garden table
- a concrete tabletop
- a concrete garden bench
- a concrete outdoor kitchen or BBQ
The video below (in Dutch) shows you how to use a StarterPack.
There are, of course, many more possibilities. Give your imagination free rein.
If you have any questions or comments after reading this information and watching the instruction video, leave a comment below!